Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25 2010 Lumby ROCKS

Its another Soarable Sunday at Coopers.
Garth Luc Randy Doug and a couple Kelowna boys head for Coopers at 11 am as usual.

The bags leave first and start to climb.
Garth gets excited and cant contain himself and goes for it in a down cycle.

He grovels for a bit then gets his composure back and heads for the sun!

Luc and I wait on launch for another cycle then go for it joining Doug in the house elevator.

After 6k I head for Saddle and Luc and Doug run Lumby Ridge.

I get to the north end of Saddle in a shady down cycle and get to test my tight flat turns in close.

Then I hook in and rocket up to cold zone at 1200 ft/min

Over 5k its solid up everywhere. Just cold.

Good day to break triangle records if your dressed for it.

Luc sniffs cloubase at 8200' and races the small triangle 3 times

Doug heads for Vernon and lands after 2.5 hrs.

Garth burns out just short of 2 hrs and I have had enough after 1.5 as I promised the Little Red Bi Plane a wing stretching still. She was fun to fly but i was still a bit chilly. The South Saddle thermal was still going off at 5pm.

A great day that ends with a nice wild salmon and steak BBQ and fire.
Then the Cunucks came through over LA to ice the day : )



Nice bbq and a fire

No comments:

Post a Comment